Friday, June 18, 2010

Week of June 14th

I arrived in the US, safe and sound, none the worse for wear. Looonnnng flights, crowded too! Have been suffering from jet-lag back at work.

I have been in constant contact with Kampala University. Daniel is working on getting the educational minister on board. The Vice Chancellor or his deputy will make arrangements to meet the Minister of Education, Geraldine Namirembe Bitamazire and then will let me know of the outcome.He is also working on getting a primary school principal to deploy our first XO computers. As far as the teachers in the Masaka area, I will get their contact information in August when they return.

We are both looking into grant funding. I have contacted Adam Holt, and he is awaiting my trip updates in order to guide me toward my next steps in the U.S.

Daniel Kakinda, of SchoolNet Uganda, is also interested in collaborating. He, like Kenneth below, works on training teachers and is looking forward to having me provide some initial training for them.

Kenneth, from Silver Shadows Technologies, is going to meet with Daniel Bwanika from Kampala to see how a public-private association can be made. Daniel feels the more the merrier.

Kisubi Brothers University College, under the leadership of Aloysius Bukenya, is eager to begin training with me. I have also corresponded with the educational technologist, David Kakeeto who will be joining the group.

All in all, I am progressing in establishing contacts and developing leads.

We are still trying to locate the correct email address for the Dean at Makerere University.
Things are moving along. My intention is to now communicate directly with those I met, by creating an online "class" where information and updates can be posted. Summaries will go here.

I am also sorting my pictures, videos to create a slide show to present to my college and any one else who is interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment