Friday, April 16, 2010

Whew!

I just entered my first OLPC IRC Chat Room (the wrong one initially) and eagerly read the postings from those reviewing my project proposal. I am looking forward to a conference call on Sunday, when, hopefully, I will receive more guidance on how to get my project off the ground. There are so many things to plan aside from the pedagogy! I guess I am glad that this Uganda visit will only be 10 days long, so that I can take more time to prepare for a "deeper" visit next time. I guess I am of the school, "I have to see it to believe it." sort of a dream world. I know that when I get to Uganda, I will understand better what can and cannot be done with the technology I find. Having lived in the US all my life has made me think all things are possible but unfortunately, so much of what I have experienced has been a privilege, not a given. This will be an eye-opening experience for me, my family, my students. I am going for it!

I have been reading, researching how I will project my XO to a wall. Calling manufacturers, etc. The tech here, Martiny, will help. A grad student, Jaimiee, and I tried a quick and dirty fix of just pointing my camera at the XO and using a VGA projector. I guess that could be a fall-back plan if all else fails (and I don't get my camera and projector confiscated).

No comments:

Post a Comment