Monday, April 12, 2010

New Beginnings

Charting a new course! I am planning my trip to Uganda. It is an exciting time in my life as I approach new arenas with abandon. Today, I received my second group of shots: yellow fever, polio and Hepatitis A. A month ago, I had the menangitis and DPT shots. I honestly thought it would be an issue but it was a piece of cake. Let's hope it all goes so well!

My plan is to join my husband and friends on a vacation in Damascus. Then I will leave Syria for Cairo where I will meet my colleague for the weekend. Then, we will leave for Kampala, where I will work with colleges and highschools for a week.

As an instructional technologist, a Director of Academic Technology and a college professor, I would hope to set up a collaborative effort with my counterparts in Uganda. I will also try to visit Gulu to see an OLPC project in action, in the hopes of spreading the phenomenal work done there to another area. Big hopes, too little time, but you have to start somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment